It does not matter if you’re a first-time sewer or a professional, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 has something to offer. This Singer sewing machine is a perfect blend of automatic features and a sleek design.
There are a variety of feet options, assorted stitch patterns, plus a number of customizable features. Here is a detailed review of the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. Included are a list of the features and accessories, a few pros and cons about the machine, plus some opinions of other owners.
About the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
Specifications and Description
- Stitches: 600 built-in stitches, including more than 100 different stitch functions.
- Product size: 8.2 x 12 x 17.2 inches (20.8 x 30.5 x 43.7 centimeters)
- Product weight: 20 pounds (9.1 kilograms)
- Warranty: 25-year limited warranty on chassis, 5-year warranty on the motor, circuit board, and electronics, plus 1-year on basic accessories.
The Quantum Stylist 9960 is a computerized sewing machine. It is one of the more popular models among both beginners and advanced professionals. There is a detailed owner’s manual that will help you learn all the numerous features and accessories.
The Computerized LCD screen shows the stitch pattern you are currently using, plus the length and width of each stitch. Another useful feature is the display of error messages if you are doing something incorrectly. It also notes situations when your Quantum Stylist 9960 may malfunction.
The needle pivots up and down easily, so you can sew things like topstitches and pockets, or tackle free-motion quilting projects. There is a clear bobbin cover, so you’ll never run out of thread in the middle of a seam. This machine has a total of 18 different presser feet.
This is an extremely durable machine, made with an internal heavy-duty frame. Even though it will handle the toughest materials, it also has so many diverse features it can sew the most delicate and decorative items. You can use the Quantum Stylist 9960 to mend, do crafts, or sew eloquent garments.
Standard Accessories & Features
- You can use the computerized panel on the front of your machine to quickly edit your stitch
- The stitch length and width can be adjusted automatically.
- There is a conveniently easy load, drop-in bobbin compartment.
- You won’t have to fuss with needle threading with the automatic needle threader.
- There is an easy-to-access up and down button for pinpoint needle control.
- The large extension table allows you to sew freehand, and tackle larger projects.
- There are a total of 19 presser feet, which gives you a great deal of flexibility.
- Cutting the thread is a snap with the one-touch, automatic thread cutter.
- The Quantum Stylist 9960 has a detailed owner’s manual, plus you can use the online version at the Singer website.
The Quantum Stylist 9960 has over 600 standard built-in stitch patterns. The flexibility of the stitch patterns on this machine is outstanding. There are five alphanumeric fonts styles, plus and 13 built-in 1-step buttonholers. The Stylist 9960 also has an exclusive buttonhole underplate.
You also have the ability to use specialized decorative stitches with a hand-controlled width and length adjustment. Combining the vast number of built-in stitches with these other methods of adjusting the stitch pattern, this machine is great for repairs, costumes, garments, quilting and even crafting.
- SINGER COMPUTERIZED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine has loads of ease-of-use features to allow you to fulfill your creative dreams Has a large selection of stitches including basic, stretch and decorative stitches for fashion sewing, quilting, home decor and crafting There’s even a selection of fonts to personalize projects
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: Threading the machine is so easy that you can have the entire machine threaded, from the spool to the needle’s eye, in seconds The built-in needle threader threads the eye of the needle for you, eliminating eye strain and frustration
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has 600 Built-In Stitches including 5 Alphanumeric Fonts and 13 built-in 1-Step Buttonholes with Exclusive Buttonhole Underplate It also has Mirror Imaging and Stitch Elongation providing even more creative possibilities
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 850 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of presser feet are included with the sewing machine: All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot with Underplate, Button Sewing Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Open Toe Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning and Embroidery Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Cording Foot, Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot, Even Feed / Walking Foot 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only
Opinions About the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
Experienced users felt that the hand control feature to start and stop the machine added a great deal of flexibility. It made detailed projects easier to sew, and provided a lot of control on large projects. Many users compared this machine feature wise to options that cost a great deal more money.
Quilters raved about the hand quilting-look stitch. When combined with the walking foot, quilters were able to sew various things that could only be accomplished on high-dollar quilting machines. Sewing through multiple layers of thick material was also mentioned as a very enticing reason to own this machine.
Some inexperienced users initially felt that a computerized sewing machine might be too difficult to learn. The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is so simple though, that many reviews insisted that many of the computerized features helped them learn faster.
While the machine has an extremely vast array of stitch patterns, so users felt the 850 stitch-per-minute maximum as somewhat slow. Sewing professionals, who live outside the United States and Canada, were disappointed. The machine has no warranty if used outside of these two countries. This is because of the specific 110V electric requirement.
How to Thread the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960
See here how you can thread the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 by yourself. This video is helpful especially for beginners in sewing:
The Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is an extremely versatile, computerized sewing machine. Both beginners and professionals found the diverse number of stitch patterns and other unique features very appealing. If you’ve used or owned a Quantum Stylist 9960, tell us about your experience using this sewing machine.
Top recommended read: