If you’ve been searching for a machine with first-rate features and a powerful motor, Brother builds an excellent sewing machine. One of their models is the Brother X9500PRW. It is one of Brother’s Project Runway™ Limited Edition Series.
This is a machine suitable for beginners, or seasoned sewers. It also has an appealing price. It’s a sturdy machine that is lightweight enough to carry anywhere. Beyond being lightweight and sturdy, the machine also has 100 stitch patterns. Here are more of the Brother XR9500PRW features, including specifications, standard accessories and a few opinions from owners.
About the Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine
Specifications and Description
- Stitches: 100 built-in stitches –
- Product size: 20.3 x 12.7 x 17.6 inches (51.6 x 32.2 x 44.7 centimeters)
- Product weight: 9.92 pounds (4.5 kilograms)
- Warranty: 25-year warranty on chassis, 2-year warranty on circuit boards and electronics.
The Brother XR9500PRW has one of the most appealing lists of standard features in its price class. There are many accessories and standard features that are only available on much higher priced machines. Brother backs the quality of their XR9500PRW with an impressive warranty as well.
Beginners like the machine because it is simple and easy to get started using. Advanced and expert sewers love it for its wide-range of extra features. It will sew the finest of delicate fabrics, yet handle multiple layers of thick material.
It’s a computerized sewing machine that you don’t have to be an expert to understand. You’ll appreciate the remarkable stitch per minute speeds and the precision in which detailed projects can be handled with ease. You will be able to produce unique costumes, make household linen repairs, or tackle a massive quilting project.
- The Brother XR9500PRW has seven presser feet – a buttonhole foot, button-fitting foot, zipper foot, zigzag foot, overcasting foot, blindstitch foot and a foot for monogramming.
- This model has a distinctive flip-stitch guide that’s not available on comparably priced options.
- There is an extra-wide extension table standard, which is perfect for quilting.
- You can use twin needles.
- Automatic bobbin winding system.
- There is a large accessory storage compartment on the left side of the machine with easy access.
- Automatic needle threading system with a standard thread cutter attached.
- There are 55 alphanumeric letters and characters as standard.
- The stitch selection screen is an easy-to-read LCD display.
- This machine has 100 stitch patterns, plus over 140 different stitch functions.
- The bobbin drop is jam resistant with a clear cover to monitor thread use.
- Most machines come with a standard dust cover, but this model has a protective hard case.
- The thread tension is manually adjusted.
There are a total of 100 built-in stitches, each with various stitch functions. This machine offers an extremely diverse number of stitch combinations. You will be able to match nearly any pattern on a repair or create a unique stitch design for personalized projects.
- Metal frame: The Brother Designio DZ1234 is a durable 3-4 thread serger made with a metal frame
- High performance: A high performance 3-4 thread serger with an adjustable stitch width between 3.0 millimeter to 7.0 millimeter allowing you to select the right stitch width for your project
- 1,300 stitches per minute: Create more in less time with the dz1234's fast stitching speed of up to 1,300 stitches per minute
- Easy to thread: Easy-to-use with color-coded thread guides, numbered upper and lower thread loppers, included instructional video and printed manual
- Included accessory feet: The dz1234 comes with 3 accessory feet including blind hem stitch, gathering and piping feet in addition to 2 sets of starter thread
Pros and Cons of the Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine
Opinions About the Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine
The Brother X9500PRW has an easy to understand owner’s manual, which includes an instructional DVD. This machine is one of the easier sewing machines to understand and begin using. Another important feature frequently mentioned is the extension table. This allows the XR95000PRW to quickly shift to quilting projects.
This machine is sturdy, but also lightweight. It weighs less than 10 pounds, so it packs up for travel in a snap. One minor disadvantage is the needle threader. Owners indicated the design took a little time to master compared to other models.
Another appealing feature is the light. The work area is very well lit, and this helped offset the problems users experienced threading the needle. You can monogram using this machine, but the quality of lettering produced was only average compared to more expensive embroidering machines.
How to Thread the Brother XR9500RPW
Threading the Brother XR9500RPW is only slightly different than the general process you need to follow with a Brother machine. That’s why we included here a video explanation of how to thread the Brother sewing machines:
Finally, we know that Brother is a leading supplier of home and office equipment. Their lines of sewing machines wear their trademark quality and workmanship. The Brother XR9500PRW is one of their best models. It is sturdy, yet light enough to travel. There are dozens of features and an impressive number of stitch patterns. If you’ve used this Brother model, let us know about your experience or any points you think we might have missed.
Top recommended read: