Denim is one of the toughest fabrics to sew through. You not only need a heavy-duty motor but a machine that can handle the thick fabric. However, not every sewing machine rated as heavy-duty is strong enough to handle denim. Here we list some important features you should look for if you want to be able to sew denim. This is a list of five highly-rated choices for the best sewing machine for denim. Each of these machines has strong customer reviews, and the list is in reverse order, ending with the highest rated machine.
5. Singer Heavy Duty 4411 Sewing Machine
- Stitches: 11 basic built-in stitches, plus decorative and utility stitches
- Product size: 15.5 x 6.2 x 12 inches/39.4 x 15.7 x 30.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 14.5 pounds/6.6 kilograms
- Warranty: 2- year limited warranty from the date of purchase
The first machine is manufactured by Singer. They are a company with an outstanding reputation for building quality sewing machines. This machine has a strong metal frame and a stainless steel bedplate. It is not only durable but will sew any fabric, including tough denim.
4. Juki HZL-LB5020 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Stitches: 20 built-in stitch patterns, plus assorted decorative patterns and a 1-step buttonholer
- Product size: 20.7 x 17.7 x 12.4 inches/52.6 x 45 x 31.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 23.1 pounds/10.5 kilograms
- Warranty: Warranty information available from Juki customer service
The next choice for the best sewing machine for denim has a variety of convenience features. This is a compact machine with a lot of versatility. Is great for the beginner, or the accomplished sewer.
3. Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Limited Edition Sewing Machine
- Stitches: 100 built-in utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches
- Product size: 20.3 x 12.7 x 17.6 inches/51.5 x 32.3 x 44.7 centimeters
- Product weight: 9.9 pounds/4.5 kilograms
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
This machine from the well-rated Brother Sewing Machine Company is as versatile as any of the choices for the best sewing machine for denim. With the flexibility of multiple sewing projects, it has a great deal of appeal beyond its affordable price.
2. Janome DC2014 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Stitches: Quality straight-fifty stitches with three one-step buttonholes.
- Product size: 22.8 x 18 x 12.4 inches/57.9 x 45.7 x 31.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 26 pounds/11.8 kilograms
- Warranty: Product warranty details available from Janome customer service
This machine comes with an automatic tension adjustment which enables the seamlessly adjust the needle position even in tiny little bits. This allows you to make the small changes in topstitching locations very easily.
1. TOYOTA Super Jeans J34 Sewing Machine
- Stitches: 34 built-in stitches, plus utility stitches, decorative stitches and 4 buttonhole options
- Product size: 18 x 14 x 9.2 inches/45.7 x 35.6 x 23.4 centimeters
- Product weight: 14 pounds/6.3 kilograms
- Warranty: Product warranty details available from Toyota Sewing Machines
The last alternative in the list of the best sewing machine for denim options is the highest rated, and for good reason. This machine will glide over 12 layers of denim. It includes a unique gliding foot, blind hem foot, plus a zipper foot for those hard to sew zippers on blue jeans.
These are five of the best sewing machine for denim models. If you own any of these models, let us know how you like your machine. In addition, let us know about any selections that we might have missed.
Top recommended read: